Nowadays building a modern web app can feel like a tedious process; structures, boilerplates, generalizations, dependency management, serial structures, construction processes, etc. This complex list seems to be growing every year! What should the developer do to deal with these situations? The only possible way is to update yourself with the latest front end development tools and techniques.
Through the points listed below, our goal is to make you profitable on front-end development. Read carefully and figure out what works best for you.
1. HTML5 Boilerplate
Download the files in this group and use them as a foundation for your website development. This enables developers to easily create custom and robust apps or websites.
It is considered as a professional front-end template that is mainly used to build fast, robust as well as adaptable web applications or websites. The designer can easily work on the website by using ultimate tools like that of HTML5 Boilerplate. It makes the developer work on the circumstances so as to build up a basic foundation for a particular website. There are many features that are incorporated into this tool due to which it has become one of the most popularly used among all other things. The developers can easily use the HTML5 elements in it so as to make the website look much more professional. Along with that it also provides the optimized version of Google Universal analytics snippets so that the developer can also work on it.
Powerful features of HTML5 Boilerplate
- It supports a developer to use HTML5 elements
- Fixes common bugs and CSS normalization.
- The presence of Apache server configurations improves the security and performance of the website
- Console Statement Protection
- It generates custom Google Universal Analytics snippets.
- It provides comprehensive documentation.
It is a CSS preprocessor that enables you to enhance the CSS language in terms of maintenance, flexibility, and extensibility. You can download it for free.
Powerful features of Less
- This allows you to upload the selected CSS to the products
- Creates advanced CSS using advanced styling syntax.
- The codes are compiled into standard CSS before interpreting the web page.
It is a CSS extension language that helps you write manageable code in the shortest possible time. Additionally, you can quickly enhance your site’s existing CSS features such as legacy, variables, and nests.
SASS allows you to nest your CSS selectors in a way that maintains the same perspective as your HTML. Also, too many nested rules will affect too much CSS and provide rigidity.
SASS is considered to be the most reliable that ultimately saves lots of time for you. One of the extraordinary things that you can find in Sass tool is that it has an ability to use the DRY which means repeat yourself. And the other thing that you should know is that CSS is usually not concerned with the DRY. The functionalities can be extended in such a way you can optimally use functionalities of any other existing CSS of a particular website. Another most important aspect of this tool is that it is provided with an 8-year- old open source project that can easily access with any CSS preprocessor. It is initially difficult to start working with Sass but when you once start using it, then you will never find it difficult. Moreover, there are many advanced functionalities in features included in it.
Important features of SASS
- It provides language extensions such as variables, mixing, nesting, etc.
- Elements such as color, style, etc. can be changed.
- It allows you to use all kinds of codes.
- Generates formatted and customized output
- It provides control instructions for libraries.
- Includes cross-platform source code editor
- Supports various programs and markup languages
- Allows developers to practice the correct project priorities
- Helps you create reusable statements
4. Zurb Foundation
It works with almost all devices and helps you develop responsive apps, websites, and emails. The Foundation’s library provides a predefined set of CSS classes, buttons, typography, grids, and other dynamic elements like Bootstrap. Layout optimization seems simple using this tool.
Important features of Zurb Foundation
- Provides clean markup
- You can easily add new elements
- Improved web development and faster page loading speed.
- Optimized for all devices
- It offers the most reliable markup without compromising convenience and speed
5. Chrome Developer Tools
This Dev tool is released with new changes between every 5 to 6 weeks. With each new feature, it’s constantly improving.
Another great feature is the availability of network tools. It helps you understand what’s going on under the code and optimizes your loading flow.
Important features of Chrome Developer Tools
- You can add custom CSS rules
- It can be used as an editor
- When you open the tool, you can disable the browser’s cache
- Helps in responsible development
It was the year 2013 when Views was released. It’s the perfect solution for building single-page applications and multiple web interfaces. This tool is capable of getting combined with other front end development tools to create a new front end framework. The time required to finish applications in Views is relatively short as you only need a short time to set up the platform.
Important features of Vuejs
- Flexible and easy to handle
- Relatively less difficult maker
- MVVM architect templates
- You can use different methods for the effects of change
- It provides comprehensive documentation
- Helps you build complex applications
You may also like to read:- 10 Best CMS Platforms for Website Development
7. Twitter Bootstrap
This is one of the best front end development tools to help you create client-side coding and help you create an attractive front end. It implements development element abstraction in reusable mediums. This allows you to build applications faster and more efficiently.
If you are feeling difficult while typing small styles for a container then Twitter Bootstrap is the appropriate choice for you. Once you start working with the Twitter Bootstrap you will find it as a front-end application along with different patterns that will really impress you in its most possible ways. One of the most concerned issues with this tool is that it has the easy user interface that can resolve any disputes very easily. Bootstrap is considered as the most popularly used Framework which is accommodated with a comprehensive user interface that has been introduced by Twitter. By using these tools the developers can ultimately give a professional look to the website. It is completely branded with different varieties of tools in order to utilize.
Important features of Twitter Bootstrap
- It provides you with a complete UI package
- Provides tools for generalizing stylesheets
- Create model objects
8. NPM Tool (Node Package Manager)
It helps you find packages and reuse code. It is managed by command lines, and so it is always faster to run and hire applications. It helps to find and use the packages of reusable codes.
At the same time, it has the capability to assemble each of the packages in a more powerful manner. It is often considered as a command-line utility so as to interact with other circumstances. By using this tool the developers can easily Discover and start reusing more than 470,000 free code packages. With the help of this tool, the developer can easily publish and have control access to all the namespaces. In the same way, both the private as well as public codes have become easy to manage to maintain the same workflow.
Important features of NPM
- Provides the freedom to collect more code
- This name controls location access
- This gives you the freedom to manage both private and public codes
- Manage public and private codes with related workflows.
Important features of jQuery
- Open source
- Provides theme method
- It’s stable and therefore easy to manage
- Supports various web browsers
- Help you build interactive web applications
- Extensive documentation opportunities
It is the most widely used open source Google front end development tool. It provides a readable, accessible and vibrant environment to facilitate the front end development process.
Important features of AngularJS
- Help build feature-packed applications
- Help build a rich internet application
Important features of Grant
- Provides a wide range of plugins
- Plugins are available for regular applications
- Stable and consistent syntax helps you learn faster.
- It enables automated repeat applications with minimal effort
- This reduces errors when handling repetitive applications
- It has got a huge ecosystem
In our daily lives, we sometimes perform refreshing functions. But by using LiveReload, you are saving extra time. This front end development tool is a simple web protocol that triggers clients to perform tasks whenever files are modified. So customers can easily control the situation.
Important features of LiveReload
- WhatsApp Chrome Extension: It helps you to get font of any element on any website.
- Proxy SwitchShop: This speeds up your local debugging information.
- Page Ruler: To apply pixel perfection, try Page Ruler.
13. Ionic 2
Ionic 2 is making extensive use of front-end development tools that are the best suite with cross-platform mobile app development. It can also create custom web applications.
Important features of Ionic 2
- Open source tool
- It supports a code base for each platform
- Include a large collection of plugins and built-in push notifications
- Great suit with angular
Important features of Typescript
- It comes under JS Libraries
- It combines optional static typing.
15. Sublime Text
It is a cross-platform source code editor that can be applied to many programming and markup languages. One of the main advantages of Slim Text is the presence of shortcut keys. This enables you to make the necessary changes as quickly as possible. This simplifies the navigation process. You can customize bindings, snippets, menus, macros and completeness with slim text.
The Sublime Text is considered as the first-rate code editor. It has many extraordinary features and is highly advanced with a well designed cross-platform source editor. The application is compatible in such a way it becomes easy to navigate and support any kind of programming language. In addition to that, it is very efficient and also has a super-fast speedy user interface. Moreover, it is easy to run by developing the team which also consists of lots of keyboard shortcuts. By using these specifications it becomes very easy for the developers to build high-end free website. It is incorporated with a parallel editor which helps in making changes very easily. The developers can also utilize the pattern-based plugin application interface so as to get an interactive assessment.
Important Features of Sublime Text
- It provides a project comprehensive index for each category, application and method.
- It contributes to the Python based plugin API
- Gives developers the freedom to create the right project priorities
- It is compatible with all language grammar from text mate
- This command contains the properties of the palette
You may also like to read:- Top 12 PHP Frameworks for Developers To Use
16. Git extensions
It is a toolkit (primarily containing a graphical user interface) designed to work with Git at the bottom of the window. This will allow you to use the gate without using CLL. Also, you can view the records made in the graph management and enable you to use a rebase workflow.
Important Features of Git extensions
- Integration for Windows Explorer Git
- Featured user interface for Git
- Visual Studio Extensions
- 32-bit and 64-bit support
The Grunt ecosystem has been growing day by day and it has similar importance in recent days as well. This is considered as one of the most popularly used task runners on NodeJS because it is a tool that is used to automatically perform frequent tasks. In addition to that, it is much more flexible and easy to get adopted. Because of the availability of lots of plugins, it can handle multiple tasks at a time. If there is some problem or if someone has not already built what you need then you can use Grunt in order to automatically authorize and publish your own websites. This is provided with a workflow so that it can be processed from one state to another without getting disturbed. Moreover, it has the facility to automatically repeat the tasks with less effort.
This is an Ultimate web development platform that has shown its efficiency in all aspects. If you start to work with GitHub then it gives you a chance to go back to the previous sessions in order to make changes. At the same time, you can view any changes that you have made so as to permanently save them. It is also effectively known for its high open source development community and it also provides different options that include tracking services, easy task managing options, different features and so on. GitHub is the ultimate front end development technologies that have been effectively used by many of the employees. The extraordinary features made it be the right tool for every task. Easy documentation allows the developers to check the quality of coding from time to time so as to make it more appealing.
It offers developers the freedom to cover backwards work without changing perspectives between Ruby, Java, Python or PHP. This is made possible by libraries and a set of packages.
Important features of Meteor
- You can develop applications faster.
- Includes live reloading feature, so it only refreshes the required DOM elements.
- Provides many built-in features
20. Novi Builder
This is a drag-and-drop builder that works well with experienced developers. You can make the necessary changes to the source code and design part with Novi Builder. One of the key benefits is allowing full control over your project. For starters, this may seem like a daunting task, but try your best to make it easier.
Important Features of Novi Builder
- Drag and drop the interface with the preview tool
- Adds code editor
- Provides additional app integration
- Contains in-built themes
- Supports e-commerce
21. ONE Subscription
It includes front end development tools themes and templates, various plugins and graphic elements, additional services and more.
It provides access to a wide range of digital products for the release of fully grown blogs, stores, online stores, landing pages, and other applications.
Important Features of ONE Subscription
- Regular updates
- Supports all frameworks
- Provides high security
22. Creative Tim
It provides bootstrap based design elements for fast web development. It includes pre-built example pages, where you can practice development.
Important Features of Creative Tim
- Provides Admin templates
- The admin dashboard saves a lot of time
Important Features of Codekit
- It reduces HTTP requests by adding scripts
- This minimizes the code to reduce the file size
- Works with almost all languages
This front-end development tool provides exceptional coding support for Angular, React.jaz, View.jaz and Meteo. For large projects, Webstream will be the best choice, as it offers built-in tools for debugging, testing and tracing client-side and node.jaz applications. Also, it integrates with command-line front-end development tools for web development.
Important Features of WebStorm
- Provides a unified UI for working with version control systems
- It is optimized for use with different coding styles
- It provides a built-in debugger for client side code and node.js apps.
This front-end development tool provides web applications with a structure with key-value binding and custom events. It helps you easily create one-page applications. It provides a simple library for connecting different business and user interface logic.
Important Features of Backbone
- It saves the data model
- It helps users build client-side web applications or mobile applications.
- It makes the code simple, planned and organized and is therefore the backbone of your project.
Important Features of Jasmine
- No external dependencies
- It runs on both browsers and nodes
This next development environment supports both front-end designers and developers. It helps you build and implement a website in a very short time.
This is the unique web development tool that is organized with a front end designing along with unique development skills. CodePen allows the developer to build and make testing on a website so as to make it a unique one. It also has many unique features and is considered as one of the best social development environments for all the developers.
Important Features of CodePen
- Parts of CodePan can be used in other applications as well
- It helps you to write CSS scripts faster
- It allows you to have live views and life sync
- Inbuilt API exists
- You can add links and pages without coding
You may also like to read:- 11 Best CSS Frameworks to Use for Web Development
28. Grid Guide
This tool helps you create a pixel-perfect grid within the design. Here, you can easily add guides to edges and midpoints.
Important Features of Grid Guide
- Allows you to create duplicate guides for other documents and artboards
- It helps you create custom grids
This front end development tool provides assistive technology and screen readers. This plugin ensures quality, flexible and accessible models. You can also adjust the width of the browser using this tool.
The WCAG 2.0 Level AA accessible modal window plugin. It is featured with front-end development plugins which are said to have high quality and flexibility while working with them. The extraordinary features associated with Modaal makes the developers easy to work in any environment. The developers can work with the tool so as to optimize in order to assist the technology along with screen readers. Most of the features are accompanied with responsive and scale which has while browsing options. There is also a facility to utilize the keyboard control for the gallery so as to open and close the modal in any state which can be processed so as to make the option more flexible.
Important Features of Modaal
- CSS fully compatible with SASS options
- It allows full-screen and even ports mode
- It provides keyboard controls for opening and closing a gallery
- It offers flexible close options
TensorFlow version 1.0.0 was released in 2017 and came under the second-generation system of Google Brain. It can run in multiple CPUs and GPUs and is available on mobile computing platforms including -64-bit Linux, macOS, Windows, and Android iOS and iOS.
Important Features of Tensorflow
- It provides a flexible architect framework
- It offers easy deployment of computations in CPUs, GPUs, and TPUs.
- The advanced version available (TensorFlow 2.0)
- This machine can be used in the development of training
31. HTML5 Editor
We have editors like
It supports almost all languages and is widely used with HTML.
This is a web-based HTML editor. Due to its small structure, it is relatively easy to handle. You can modify any DOM (Document Object Model) element using Aloha.
This is a lightweight, extensible syntax highlighter.
32. Browser Add-ons
There are a number of front-end development tools available and important here.
It resizes the browser window to follow different resolutions. It helps front end developers to check their layout under different browser resolutions.
This is a Firefox add-on designed to help graphic designers. It helps them to read a color in a browser and paste it into another program.
The tools of front-end development have been constantly changing over the years. To be effective in website development, you need to master these tools. Take the time to analyze these front end development tools and choose the tools that will help you become more productive.